UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss So close yet so far! Showers!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davy_G

Hi all, its been a while.
Started a bathroom last Sat morning, got there early with my plumber. We stripped out the bath, sink and toilet, removed the rad. Found alot of unwanted pipework feeding the rest of the house behind the bath so that all needed buried as I was installing a wetroom.
So I stripped the tiles while my plumber got to it. Alot of plaster came off as well, usual story!
So after a long day we had set the fall former, re plumbed everything, if it was exposed we did it in chrome, installed the pipework & cable for the digital controlled shower and got my spark to call and get power to it. I skimmed out the walls with fast set and SLC over the floor before leaving on the first day. I enjoyed my pint that night.
Well on Monday it was back to business, tanked the wetroom area then got to tiling. All done on Thursday evening. Friday I installed the shower screen, toilet and sink, blind and towel rail. Left the rad and water for the shower.
We finished those last night with the plumber arrived after his work.
Everything looked the nuts but....we tried the shower a Aqualisa Quartz digital at £560 plus VAT:yikes: and the pump didnt work! **** poor pressure at the head, the cable controls the heat fine up to the box of tricks in the loft and we have it on 'gravity feed' which the house is.
We did a super job, even if i do say so, a full bathroom fefurb and wetroom installation in less than a week at a fair price, clients really happy but we left last night real ****ed that the box of tricks isnt playing ball. An Aqualisa engineer will call to look at it on Monday. Just ruined my weekend.:thumbsdown:

D

DHTiling

I just got tonked at ten pin bowling by my 4 year old daughter Ellie I must try harder

sm_loser.gif
sHa_sarcasticlol.gif

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to So close yet so far! Showers!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.