Discuss Sod's law says! What do you say! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Taylormade

I enjoy all my work but love variety. Sod's law says my last 3 jobs have been small en suite full refurbishments from strip out to install. Nearly 60 and working in confined spaces! Keep catching my backside and my elbow. Even worse they have all been large format tiles so back butter and numerous cuts! And (grammar says should never start a sentence with and!)
guess what my next 2 jobs are!!!!!!

I enjoy all my work but love variety. Sod's law says my last 3 jobs have been small en suite full refurbishments from strip out to install. Nearly 60 and working in confined spaces! Keep catching my backside and my elbow. Even worse they have all been large format tiles so back butter and numerous cuts! And (grammar says should never start a sentence with and!)
guess what my next 2 jobs are!!!!!!

Snap, I'm in the same boat really. And in regards to catching things........I tore a nice strip out of my backside on a radiator bracket that was left there by a plumber.............Thankyou.

S

Stef

Snap, a little ensuite I've still to finish, only 2 full tiles in the room, 1m long ceramics..
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417908651.448997.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417908664.098664.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417908672.582524.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417908690.717714.jpg
Some customers never think things through.

S

Stef

Mmm thought nobody used tubbed adhesive on this site , as when its menproblems with there stuffit gets slatedby 95% of fixers, and bal gets slated more than most mmmm,:sofahide: , got to say though i like and use all bal products and never have problems when using there stuff

You for real Brian?

Nothing like jumping in with 2 feet & "assuming" that what you see in front of you is the real thing.
Do you honestly think I would use tubbed addy to fix a 1000x330mm tile??

As Bri said, I'm too tight to buy a bucket & I recycle all my buckets whenever I use tubbed addy.
Last count I had about 40/50 bal buckets left in my garage.

S

Stef

I think Stef just uses the buckets to mix in, I'd say that there's either weber set plus or Tilemaster standard set in that greenstar bucket, there's no way on earth he'd pay for a bucket so this is what he has to do [emoji23]

Almost there Bri, that's Butech one flex in the bucket.
Customer had to buy Porcelanosa addy to keep their guarantee!!

Your right when you say I'm too tight to buy a bucket, why buy when you get them for free? [emoji6]

I

Ian

Almost there Bri, that's Butech one flex in the bucket.
Customer had to buy Porcelanosa addy to keep their guarantee!!

Your right when you say I'm too tight to buy a bucket, why buy when you get them for free? [emoji6]

Absolutely! I get mine free from western power, my mate works there and the buckets are from jointing kits. FYI, the buckets that the tilemaster tanking kits come in are top quality, just like all their other gear [emoji106]

You for real Brian?

Nothing like jumping in with 2 feet & "assuming" that what you see in front of you is the real thing.
Do you honestly think I would use tubbed addy to fix a 1000x330mm tile??

As Bri said, I'm too tight to buy a bucket & I recycle all my buckets whenever I use tubbed addy.
Last count I had about 40/50 bal buckets left in my garage.
No not ju, ping in with both feet at all , just saw the bal grip bucket with adhesive in it

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Sod's law says! What do you say! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Sealing Moisture resistant plasterboard Hi I am new here, I have been reading through many of...
Replies
Views
H
I'm doing an ensuite refit and the customers have weighed in with 2 different set of tiles, one...
Replies
Views
M
Had an bust up/argument with tiler today. Usually use someone else but this guy came recommended...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F
Hello everyone, I am currently in a contract with Virgin and maybe coming out of it due to bad...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
M
Thought I'd put this up to see what people enjoy doing and what they hate I like to do something...
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB