Discuss Solid bed or dot n dab in shower area in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

TSJ

Hi there, this is my 1st post. I'm a plumber by trade and sometimes do my own tiling, and though I'm quite proficient at tiling, I'm nowhere as quick as you's guys.

Lately however I've been using a tiler, (he's done about half a dozen jobs for me over the past year or so) who I have noticed almost always dot n dabs adhesive onto back of tiles, even in shower areas. When I asked him if that was ok, he said that in over twenty years of tiling he's never had any problems with tiles coming off, as long as the walls are are tanked/water-proofed prior to tiling.

Is it ok to tile this way in wet areas ? Whenever I did my tiling I always covered the walls with a solid bed, even though as you's experienced guys will know is sometimes a pain in the neck with large tiles and uneven walls.

He does a first class job with regards to finish, looks of job etc, but I'm wondering if I'll have problems in future with tiles coming loose etc. in the wet areas ?

Any advice would be much appreciated,

thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Solid bed or dot n dab in shower area in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I started removing the tiles in my bathroom today and the majority of the plaster has come off...
Replies
Views
Tikkaaa
T

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB