UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss some new technical knowledge........not in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

found out today from a builder that it wasnt the fact that his guys had dot and dabbed( 5 small spots) 60x60 porcelain tiles on 12mm plywood walls that all his tiles had come loose and failed it was actually because the client had turned off the air control unit in the pool house that had caused the failure of his tile installation ,how does that cause tiles to fail I asked its is the excess moisture which causes movement I was told, okay thanks for the info I will pass it on to the british standards institute :mad2:

S

Spud

Thanks Gooner,the pool room is showing signs of movement but at the time of the build only 3 years ago I did mention to the builder that he should use hardi backer to line his walls and use a 2 part tile adhesive ,I was told to mind my own business and the builder tried to get me kicked off the job,The client asked me to tile his bathrooms which i insisted should be hardi backer and the builder accused me of trying to waste the customers money I will post some pictures of his work tomorrow to see what you think

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to some new technical knowledge........not in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

T
DIY SOS. Helping people without time or money, in need desperate need to get a project...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, Just had the bathroom floor tiled - well almost , the builder walked off after a...
Replies
Views
StevieBoy
S
T
Hi guys. Bit of a strange one this. Had a query from someone who has had tilers fitted by a...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
T
So.... Signed up to the forum, looked at loads of threads (found the one about poor workmanship...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.