Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Some support from us! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Had a PM from a guy on the sparky forum. He basically said, he wants to buy pens at a cost of around 50p each, and have "ElectriciansForums.co.uk" written on them. Then sell them to the members for £2 each. ALL of the profit goes to two charities. He said he wanted one of them to be a heart foundation one, and either all of the proceeds go to that, or I choose one and we split it 50/50 between two charities.

I basically said any cancer charity. So he looked at many and found a lot of their funds don't go directly to support and that he found a hospice that did use the funds well.

So he's going ahead with it!

I said he's welcome to use all the forums for this. He said he'd get the sparks one going first and then he will get on the other forums too.

A big big thanks from me. I hope you all buy a pen.

That's what I call 'keeping charities at home'.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
U

user123

Dan just had a quick read and noticed he mentioned paypal, now I can't remember if it was paypal or mayber google checkout but one of them waives the processing fee if the sale is charity related, might be worth looking into as fees are normally 5%, shame to lose 10p from every sale if it can be avoided (don't have access to post of sparks forum)

Yes, I think you are right, Rob, it may only be a with a merchants account though which is no big deal to set up....:thumbsup:

Reply to Some support from us! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
Some support from us!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.