Discuss Some times you have to laugh in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

A builder asked me to patch up a wall recently. He said it was ready to tile.
It turned out to be an end wall in a bathroom with a towel rad on. The wall was made of chipboard and where they had taken the bottom row of tiles off to get the new bath in they plastered up flush to the old tiles with bonding plaster !
That was the first problem I saw , then they expected me to tile around the rad brackets ! Then i saw the leak on one of the microbore pipes !
I removed the rad and looked at the wall, 2 tiles looked as if they were about to pop off. I gave them a pull and half the wall came away. It was only the rad brackets and grout holding it on.
Someone had actually papered the wood and then at a later date had tiled over it !!! Oh well at least the wood was clean for me to board over with backerboard and then retile.

20130204_090251.jpg

C

charlie1

Things need to be done right, simple as! A customer recently asked me to tile her bathroom 600 x 300 s and finish off round the door with trim, the facings where very thin. As you can imagine, it would look hideous, id recon a good 3-4mm gap would have required filling. I insisted that the facings be removed at no extra cost and a wooden packer be inserted to frame allowing the facings to be as they should. Customers can either take your advice or they can bodge it themselves

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Some times you have to laugh in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone thanks for having me on the this forum ill try not to break any rules. I am diyer...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB