Discuss Sound Insulation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

theyomper

I will be starting a latrge job soon and the customer has asked about sound insulation.
basically I intend to overlay the floor with 18 mm ply prior to tiling. As I will be using 18mm ply is it feasible to sandwich some form of sound insulation between the original floor and the overlayed ply??? If so what would you recommend ? Floor height is not an issue as the whole building is being tiled....125 mts

R

Rob Z

One thing that is important is to follow all the steps in the "system" sold by the manufacturer, including using the proper sealant around the perimeter of the tile installation. Skipping any one of the steps on the installation will compromise the sound attenuation ratings that the manufactuer states in their literature.

I've used Laticrete's sound control thinset and Noble Company has a sound-attenuation membrane. When we've used these products we have followed all the steps on the detail provided. It has seemed like it made a difference, but without paying for an expensive testing procedure who really knows if it worked on not?

Reply to Sound Insulation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've taken on the task of tiling my own kitchen, and before I wreck everything and...
Replies
Views
D
Replies
Views
Deleted member 57709
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Sound Insulation
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.