Discuss Sower cubicle tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sjm

Hi all

New to this site but have been reading the various posts for a while now, the information I have gained from the posts has been fantastic and very informative, so thanks to you all.

I have reached the stage where my shower cubicle, constructed of three walls studded withe 12 mm no more ply with a PCS shower tray/former and tanked. I have 15x60 cm tiles for the walls and 30x30 mosaics for the shower floor.

My question is do I lay the mosaic tiles in first then overlap the wall tiles over the mosaic edges (so they kind of sit on the mosaic ) or the other way round?

Also when it comes to the join between the tiles and mosaic (in the bottom 90 degree angle,floor to wall) is it best to use silicone or is grout sufficient ? ( I have read/heard differing opinions)

thanks in advance

SJM

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Sower cubicle tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
P
    • Funny
Hello tilers, I'm new to this forum - I've been lurking for a couple of days now reading lots...
Replies
Views
P
Morning chaps! I have been lurking on here for a while now, gathering bits of information and...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB