Discuss Spacer size for these please! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

59peejay

Have just picked up some Porcelanosa Multicolor Nacar 20x31.6x1cm tiles that imitate the mosaic effect,mosaics end up at 4x4cm in size for Mothers kitchen splashback.Saw these laid on a kitchen display in the M/cr showroom and thought they were proper mosaics so i know if laid right can look like the real thing.
The factory cut grout lines are about 1.5mm wide,will i be ok with 2mm spacers?,i would imagine that unless i struck the joints really hard there will be a little spread that will take me to around 2mm,also should i lay them one over the other keeping the main grout line in-line or stagger them,bearing in mind most of the job will only be 16-18" high apart from up to the extractor.
After applying primer g to walls i normally use a tubbed addy for these small jobs(ultimate grab by Mapei for bnq) how long to leave before grouting,i am in no rush?,thanks.

Should be 2mm min for walls, the only thing I find with these sheet mosaic is that the joint between two tiles ends up slightly larger than the joints on the sheet / tile. Deffo keep them in line or it will look worse imho.

Grout next day, or the day after even, tubbed addy needs contact with air to set, grouting before will / could result in adhesive that will remain soft, what are you fixing to ?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Spacer size for these please! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I was hoping for some advice. I have large white tiles in my kitchen who a friend laid. I was...
Replies
Views
Hi there I ordered 160sqm of 90cm x 90cms of matching Large Format Porcelain tiles. 105sqm for...
Replies
Views
Are there any BS standards covering this please I have recently had 3 sides of a shower tiled...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB