Currently reading:
Spam Accounts

Discuss Spam Accounts in the General Business Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
We have been hit by hundreds of spam accounts that are somehow passing the human anti-spam captcha while simultaneously being an automated bot. I've seen stranger things happen.

I've stuck all suspect users into a user group so I can monitor and erase them a bunch at a time.

No humans should have been affected BUT if you have recently registered but not yet posted anything, and have tried to log in TODAY and the forum says "NO ACCOUNT WITH EMAIL ADDRESS CAN BE FOUND" (or something of that nature) then you WILL NEED TO REGISTER AGAIN.

I apologise for the inconvenience. These things happen from time to time. It's usually always related to website owners trying to register accounts to include links in their posts and account information so that their spam websites rank in search engines.

It's a problem all sites have but especially established ones.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Spam Accounts in the General Business Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello lads and ladies, I've been working on a new website. www.FreeRatedTraders.com. It's a...
Replies
Views
@3_fall and I were trying to come up with a way, or a name for a forum, for this. We wanted to...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi guys, Firstly, apologies for not being around as much as I should be. We're here in the...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
D
Ok, so i've been looking into creating a website, as we all know, how important our presence...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB