UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Sparkle tiles have dull patches in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

AngieBaby

Hi there, I hope that you can offer me some advice again as you have done before.

I have had my bathroom and kitchen tiles with sparkle tiles from different suppliers. I was thrilled that my kitchen tiles(purchased on-line) were half the price of the ones in the bathroom (that were purchased from a well known tile retailer).

The kitchen tiles are black quartz tiles were laid on Monday and cleaned yesterday and I noticed that a few of the tiles had dull patches.

The patches are slippery and in most cases right against the edge of the tile and don't appear to bleed on to other tiles, because of this I don't think the patches are anything to do with grout.

I have uploaded a photo . The dull area is in the centre

Thank you in advance for your help TILE.JPG

A

AngieBaby

Have you shown these pictures to your supplier. once you have discussed this with your supplier they might agree to supply you with new tiles as these are looking faulty. If the glaze has failed there is a good chance they will have become porous.
dont give up with your supplier as it not the tiler or your fault they should have some sort of warranty.

Hi, I sent a photo to the supplier on Thursday but haven't heard anything yet (bank holiday delays hopefully). The hassle of relaying the tiles doesn't fill me with relish. However, I really feel that I should have some acknowledgement!

I'd thought that they might become porous too. I've polished them several times with some stuff the supplier insisted I get. Its meant to protect them and maintain the shine. Sigh. Why didn't I just go for granite?

Thanks a million

A

AngieBaby

Having just laid a similar tile ,I found that BAL wide joint scratched tile surface with light application pressure when tested on scrap tile, is it possible this has caused dulling in areas.?

Hi,
I would be surprised because the dullness is limited to a corner of the tile and doesn't spread to the others.

Its worth thinking about thoughm thanks :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Sparkle tiles have dull patches in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
I have started to notice a wet pattern look on my Porcelanosa Marmol Carrara Blanco bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, hopefully someone can help me. I have a brick wall that’s had render put on it and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.