Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Speed Cameras in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
What's annoying though, is how they use them and where they put them.

The A34 going to stone from trentham is mental. It's 60, then straight to 40 and a speed cam. Then back to 60, then 50, then 40 again and a speed cam. All around blind bends, all under trees that overgrow in summer, and although I'm sure they flash a lot, I'm sure they don't actually reduce the speed much.

I can't wait for those to go. Concentration on that road is a real must. Way more than you should need to concentrate for a dual carriageway.

D

Deleted member 9966

The A34 going to stone from trentham is mental. It's 60, then straight to 40 and a speed cam. Then back to 60, then 50, then 40 again and a speed cam. All around blind bends, all under trees that overgrow in summer, and although I'm sure they flash a lot, I'm sure they don't actually reduce the speed much.

I can't wait for those to go. Concentration on that road is a real must. Way more than you should need to concentrate for a dual carriageway.

Dan, I can remember when that was still a 70mph dual carriageway :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 9966

They are a good idea if they are put there to slow you down but i feel a lot have been put in places to extract the maximum amount of money out of us

there's a dual carriageway tunnel near to where I used to live that would make so much revenue, the council would make back the cost of the camera's in just the first day. I'd like to see one there purely to slow the traffic down to help other motorists be able to get off the short slip roads on to the dual carriageway easier.

B

b30 villain

Its the same on the way to wellsbourne airfield bloody ridiculous mate:mad2:

D

Deleted member 9966

speed cameras should be for built up areas where children play/elderley live etc etc....
i think it is a joke having them on dual carriageways

the dual carriageway and tunnel near to where I used to live, intersects a small town where there are 2 high schools and 2 primary schools, and thousands of residential houses almost right on top of the dual carriageway. in situations like that, it makes sense. but when the dual carriageways take you through long stretches of open fields and very few houses/buildings, then it becomes a bit of a revenue earner instead.

the best road in Stoke for no speed cameras in the A50 between Blythe Bridge and Uttoxeter. 70mph road, no cameras, and no police cars :whistling:

U

united

I know that road, drove it a good few times and I think getting rid of cameras in places like this is a good thing :thumbsup:

I don't think getting rid of cameras outside of schools is a good idea at all, did you know for a camera to be put up (in the Northumbria Police force area) 4 people have had to have been killed or seriously injured in the previous 4 years for the camera to be even granted planning permission... so when you see 6 cameras down a road near a school :yikes: just makes you think what will happen when the are taken away!

I know this as I was caught speeding outside a school and attended a speed awareness course which really changed my opinion on most cameras.

O

Olz

The Gatso ones, those with the markings on the road are a waste of time, as long as you pay attention, you can just slow down as you pass them, then speed up again. They done slow traffic down at all, apart from the 25 yards as you drive over the markings.

Those Specs? average speed ones on the other hand, that measure you over say a mile that they use on long stretches of road slow the traffic down over the whole distance.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
I know that road, drove it a good few times and I think getting rid of cameras in places like this is a good thing :thumbsup:

I don't think getting rid of cameras outside of schools is a good idea at all, did you know for a camera to be put up (in the Northumbria Police force area) 4 people have had to have been killed or seriously injured in the previous 4 years for the camera to be even granted planning permission... so when you see 6 cameras down a road near a school :yikes: just makes you think what will happen when the are taken away!

I know this as I was caught speeding outside a school and attended a speed awareness course which really changed my opinion on most cameras.

These are guidelines and not law and the Department for Transport has said the rules 'do not preclude cameras being placed at sites that do not meet the guidelines if they contribute to the overall strategy aimed at reducing road accident casualties' - so in truth, they can site them anywhere.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I too think the average ones are a better idea, but only on road they're suitable for, such al dulies and motorways.

Around schools, best thing I've seen that works is the speed bumps we all hate, but they work. 15mph in the astra over them, I daren't even go near them with the other's though.

Other things around schools such as railings and one crossing well manned at the important times can do a better job than speed humps though IMO.

Reply to Speed Cameras in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi lads, what do you think of pfocus.com which sells resin oriented infill for those places...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hey there Firstly thanks in advance for any replies or comments. I've got a tiler in atm who...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
Speed Cameras
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.