UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Spent 2 days removing adhesive - now have some big holes! Help! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

ex_directory

I had a concrete screeded floor with tile adhesive. I have removed thetile adhesive which was a nightmare but now have the following problems:

1, Some areas the screed is falling apart, should I remove the screed down to damp proof membrane and re-screed or use a different product?

2, Most areas of the floor there are little hollows which are too deep just for slc - is screed the correct thing here as there is not much area or depth in most cases?

3, What product can I add to the screed to speed up drying time so I don't need to wait 2 months before laying the new floor.Adding a floating wooden floor on top if that is relevant.

4, Do I need to wait a set amount of time before adding slc?

5, Do I need to primebefore adding slc?

And finally, possibly a stupid question...

6, if slc is only 1mm or 2mm thick in places will this be a weak area?

Andy

E

ex_directory

Thanks for the welcomes!

First pic shows the hollow bits...
Second pic shows the crumbling screed - what you are looking at is the old screed to the right and the new extension screed to the left. It is the old screed that has crumbled at the join - probably from lots of bashing around when the extension was going up.

2012-01-30_22-07-42_179.jpg 2012-01-30_22-07-17_539.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Spent 2 days removing adhesive - now have some big holes! Help! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.