Discuss spirit level in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

I rarely use my level on the top or sides of tiles, i have my laser for that, i only really use it across the face of my tiles to ensure they are plumb on the walls and lippage free on floors.

- - - Updated - - -

I rarely use my level on the top or sides of tiles, i have my laser for that, i only really use it across the face of my tiles to ensure they are plumb on the walls and lippage free on floors.

B

Bubblecraft

No idea TBH. I got my set about 2 years ago. Came with a tape measure too. Really good set. Have taken a good bashing & still solid & square. Screwfix's price is pretty good on them just now. Trade point do the same set but not sure on there price.
I'd give it 9 out of 10. The reason I don't mark it 10 is the carry bag. The pockets that hold the 1200 & 600 are easily ripped which makes it pretty difficult to pack away at the end of the night when you just wanna get home lol

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
J

Jeff the tiler

40 inch stabila girder level which does not have the rubber ends so sets in the corners really well. Best level though quite dear. 600 mm square end stabila plastic level again for its square end. Not expensive but good. 300mm boat level. I think minimum requirement in sizes to carry to cover all diverse angles etc. One level only! get the girder level will last you for years, probably had mine for 9 years and as good level wise as the day i purchased it.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
if i could only have one size would be a 10 yrs old plus stabila black cap cheap as chips 600mm level robust which i would sit on various lengths of 3 x 2 box section refina straight edges.
i actually cant find a single level in recent years that does not read out within 6 months.

Fatmax Extreme XL for me Jonny - had it well over a year and it is spot on still (Never used it to knock any nails in yet though)

images-4.jpeg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to spirit level in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm currently an A-Level DT student. My project involves me making a product for my...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB