Discuss Split Faced Stone Mosaic "Tiles". in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Thepipdoc

I'm considering cladding an external wall using Split Faced Stone Mosaic "Tiles".
(I have used this type of tile on a internal living room wall and in this particular instance I got them from Porcelanosa.)
https://www.houzz.com/s/u=aHR0cDovL...saXQtRmFjZS1tb2Rlcm4tZmxvb3ItdGlsZXM/m=8/t=77

The Porcelanosa split faced tiles were excellent and I would have used them outside but the individual pieces are not as big as I would have liked.
I would prefer them generally larger because its quite a big wall I'm covering and I think small tiles wouldn't look quite right.
My questions are - does anyone know where I can get largish split faced stone tiles from, also,will I be OK sticking this type of tile onto an external wall? I'm specifically thinking of the problems that might occur with water/moisture getting trapped behind them. I would intend capping them with lead but because this type of tile has no grout there would be nothing to stop driving rain penetrating them
Any help much appreciated.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Split Faced Stone Mosaic "Tiles". in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
We inherited split face tiles on a feature wall in our ensuite. In my naivety over the last few...
Replies
Views
I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB