UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss spot the mistakes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

ian158

went to finish off someone else's work back in July....

Attachments

• IMG_0770.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 192

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I was going to mention from the first picture the errors but i'm now confused over the second picture. I thought in the first picture it was rectified, honed slate, but the second picture shows a tapered edge of what looks like a porcelain tile.

They've clearly been back spread and puched on, theres no evidence showing the adhesive has been spread on the wall. I'm not a big fan of lime green myself, but his customer is going to see it again in the future, along with stars if they're in the bath at the time.

I

ian158

They were sq edge honed slate from brazil...but she asked the guy to bevel the edge by hand with a stone...i pointed out the problems..but she was so peed of with it she didn't want to risk damaging the tiles...I said you don't tile over paint ETC ETC...anyway I pointed it all out to her...I sanded down/scored and used powder addy, she was please but like I said..wasn't going to guarantee his work or the fact that the joints were all skew whiff..she said she will live with it ! .

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to spot the mistakes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
Hi all In a kind of 'Payment' for all the advice i have got from here i have decided to do a...
Replies
Views
Tile Shop
T
Hi all In a kind of 'Payment' for all the advice i have got from here i have decided to do a...
Replies
Views
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.