UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Spring Fever in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

It must be in the air...the flowers bursting through...a little sunshine here and there...aww its lovely......I thought to myself..as I set out on my site visit yesterday.....stopped for a coffee...had a good meeting with the bank...and then onto site.....Funny how things can just turn from good to bad to mad in a few moments.

I took someone back on last week, works picking up, so I thought it would be a good idea, discussed it with the lads, and we agreed yep lets do it. So lets call him.......Stig (of the dump)...(and Alans brother will know who Im talking about) he started last Friday.

Got there and Stig wanted a 'word'...the word was this..Lynn is there any chance I can have me money today? I thought I was hearing things, but no he wanted me to go to the cash point and get the money out...so the answer was a polite no.(actually it was a no through gritted teeth).

So I did the setting out with me main lad, and made sure everything was all in order, and we were walking out and Stig said...Lynn I dont think I'll be in tomorrow.....(and at that time I thought he was going to say because he didnt have his train fare to get in, so I was ready to give him 20 squid. He went onto to explain his ankle was hurting a bit, and he didnt know if he would be up to it. But he was alright to go out last night because the others overheard him on the phone making the arrangements. The upshot was this, I told him if he wasnt in work today then dont bother coming back. Thats the last time, I ever give anyone a second chance, I was fuming, theres hard working lads out there wanting to work and what do I end up with bloody Stig (of the dump).

You all know what happened this morning dont you.... No Stig (of the dump) but his wife ringing me for his money....has the world gone mad?

Lynn

Somerset
Spring is here. The dandelions are ruining my lawn. The dogs got diahorrhea. Its going to rain again. Spent a fortune cos its mother day tomorrow. Easter eggs cost more than last year. I cant afford a holiday for ages. Work is hard to find. Moneys too tight to mention. Spent every evening this week filling out the census form. My son needs a loan cos he cannot afford the wedding. 999 TV channels and nothing to watch. Tony Blackburn is having a revival. And I didn't get a single number in this weeks lottery.

Back on site on Monday - porcelain floors @ £13/sq m - bargain.

J

jay

Lynn, I have my own version of Spring Fever problems to deal with .... once it warmed up, all the women seem to have immediately changed into skimpy spring clothing, and my two latino workers can't keep their eyes on the job! I might have to hang drop cloths on all the windows at the jobsite! LoL
Rob you do things different over there drop sheets go on the floor. as for the skimpy dressed women thats called fringless benifits for your workers :drool5:

Spring is here. The dandelions are ruining my lawn. The dogs got diahorrhea. Its going to rain again. Spent a fortune cos its mother day tomorrow. Easter eggs cost more than last year. I cant afford a holiday for ages. Work is hard to find. Moneys too tight to mention. Spent every evening this week filling out the census form. My son needs a loan cos he cannot afford the wedding. 999 TV channels and nothing to watch. Tony Blackburn is having a revival. And I didn't get a single number in this weeks lottery.

Back on site on Monday - porcelain floors @ £13/sq m - bargain.

your a springsteen fan then !

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Spring Fever in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views
I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.