Discuss Squeegee in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

well about two years ago i was in an agricultural suppliers looking at all the kit farmers can get as i'am always looking out for tools that will cross-over from different trades ,anyway i found something like that, that the farmers used in cow sheds to get rid of muck, it was basically a rubber squeegee like we used to grout tiles with years ago two pieces of wood sandwiching a piece of rubber, but much bigger and on a pole so i bought one and we used it on a swimming pool floor that i had tiled with mosaic, it worked But it could have been alot better IMO if the rubber was softer !! which this is so that might be a good bit of kit !!! :thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I've seen them used but not used one. Left a fair bit of grout on the floor to be honest compared to just getting on your hands and knees IMO. The washing off always takes longer then and that's when you're getting wet so I'd prefer to spend a bit more time grouting than washing off. Just IMO.

I bet with lovely flat ceramic or even porc they'd work really well. On large formats though you're still making the grout go over the tile when it probably doesn't need to be on the tile much.

I can see them working wonders with quarry's with thick grout lines and obviously relatively small tiles to what you all fix these days. Bet they used them when doing factories in the time of pottery industry boom. They were all quarry floors. Easy to repair, and even remodel the factories.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Squeegee in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Has anyone got one of these. Just seen a great item on you tube. Beast liner. Its a silicon...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hello! We have an issue with 12 cracked large format thin porcelain tiles (1500x1500x6mm). They...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB