UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss stained grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

liam

Hi

i was wondering if anyone could help.

My girlfriend has been using some STUPID purple shampoo in the shower and i have noticed yesterday that where she hasnt rinsed it off the walls proplerly there looks to be a couple of stains on the white/cream grout. is there anything that can be used that will get this off as it is only a rented property and we are gving it back soon.
i have been told by people that the grout cleaner you can get from tile shops doesnt actually work that well, so could someone help

thanks in advance
liam

R

ruairi mac

Hi liam, I use a product called G101 for cleaning dirty/stained grout. Its actually supposed to be used for cleaning car wheels. A mate of mine put me on to it a few years ago and I've been using it ever since. I don't know how to put a link in but if you google Autosmart, then into products/trade products,car preparation then exterior cleaning you will see a bit about it. You might have to look for a local supplier though but you could also try garages or valet centres.

I thought my mate was winding me up but he showed me one day by pouring a cap full onto a grout line in the kitchen of a house we were working in. The tiles were 600x600 cream polished porc and the grout was black. I assumed the grout was grey underneath but he gave it a couple of scrubs with a small brush and the grout was actually mapei jasmine. Once the customer seen the difference she wanted the whole floor done!! Now I offer the cleaning service to most houses I go into and its become a good wee earner. I usually save them up so if things do get quiet I have them to fall back on.

W

White Room

Hi liam, I use a product called G101 for cleaning dirty/stained grout. Its actually supposed to be used for cleaning car wheels. A mate of mine put me on to it a few years ago and I've been using it ever since. I don't know how to put a link in but if you google Autosmart, then into products/trade products,car preparation then exterior cleaning you will see a bit about it. You might have to look for a local supplier though but you could also try garages or valet centres.

Is this the stuff mate Autosmart G101 - 5L | Autosmart APC | FREE UK DELIVERY

I thought my mate was winding me up but he showed me one day by pouring a cap full onto a grout line in the kitchen of a house we were working in. The tiles were 600x600 cream polished porc and the grout was black. I assumed the grout was grey underneath but he gave it a couple of scrubs with a small brush and the grout was actually mapei jasmine. Once the customer seen the difference she wanted the whole floor done!! Now I offer the cleaning service to most houses I go into and its become a good wee earner. I usually save them up so if things do get quiet I have them to fall back on.

Is this the stuff mate Autosmart G101 - 5L | Autosmart APC | FREE UK DELIVERY

R

ruairi mac

thats it whitebeam, if you can get your hands on it give it a go, you wont believe the difference it makes. On a really bad floor its obviously going to take a bit of elbow grease but it cleans it up a treat. I used it in my own house, (I have jasmine grout in the kitchen floor. it looked lovely when I was here on my own but my wee girl wasn't long making a mess of it. lol) and every time the floor gets washed we just use it instead of the normal cleaning fluids and try to stay on top of any bad stains. It says its non acidic but I haven't tried to use it on stone or marble yet, keep meaning to test a few different stones first but haven't got round to it. If you try I let me know how you get on.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to stained grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Thanks in advance for your help. We have been let down at the last minute by a tiler and so...
Replies
Views
Hi,I’m wondering if anyone can help on an issue i have with a stain on a porcelain tile,After...
Replies
Views
Hello, To give a bit of background info, our new kitchen tiles is laid on new 70mm screed...
Replies
Views
S
Dear All, I have recently has procelain tiles laid in my downstairs area which is around...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
M
Hi all, I've had to come to the arms now to get a definitive solution to a problem I'm having...
Replies
Views
MW Smith Ceramics
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.