UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Stained white marble. Is dry polishing the answer? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
I have a customer that has a white marble worktop. It is riddled with glass marks, vase marks, marks from seeping lemons and fat from the fryer. Someone has tried to clean it in the past and the shiny surface is very dull and rough in parts. I was thinking about buying a stone polisher and pads and think that this would be a great project for me to practice my skills. I’ve been on the stonetools.co.uk website, but was a bit taken aback with all the polishers/grinders etc they have on offer. As this is someones kitchen I have to use a dry polisher. Any advice on what machine to buy and what pads to use, bearing in mind it’s white marble. Do I have to use any special cleaning solution?

Thanks
Sean

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
I spoke with Hazel from Stonetools (very friendly young lady). I've now ordered a Makita 9565CVL, a full set of pads, a buffer and a backing pad. Does anyone out there have any advice on how to polish out a stain on marble? BTW Stonetools are currently reviewing their prices so there will some increases soon. Cheers Sean

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Ray, have you been drinking? I think you are right, apart from being really soft, the white marble is a very ugly stone (in my opinion). I have just this minute found what I was looking for on Youtube:
[video=youtube;pIUooDPXLQE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIUooDPXLQE[/video]

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Stained white marble. Is dry polishing the answer? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, Please help me. Really having a nightmare here. Just moved into a new house and the...
Replies
Views
Help! I have Victorian quarry tiles laid on dirt. I’ve just spent days cleaning them first with...
Replies
Views
A long post and not tiling but I hope someone can help, I'm trying to get some decent...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have laid marble stone tiles for a customer and cleaned them this morning with grout and...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
M
My contractor installed Venatino Polished marble tiles this week. My wife and I noticed that...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.