Discuss Stainless Steel Splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doit4u

Our stainless steel splashback above the cooker was really mucky with grease splats. Sprayed it with a kitchen grease cleaner and left it to soak for a few minutes. Was cleaning it with the sponge side of one of those washing up pads, but some of it was real stubborn so without thinking turned the pad over and used the scratchy side. You've guesssed it it scratched it. Anybody know if and how I can restore the shine and get rid of the scratches.

The special cream cleaner she bought will only clean light grease. I did suggest she could clean it herself next time and that didn't go down to well. I am getting so much grief and this from a woman who cleaned the bonnet of a metallic painted car with a scotchbrite pad.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Stainless Steel Splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just been to price a job 4sq metres of kitchen splashback about 400mm above worktops and up to...
Replies
Views
R
Evening all. Im doing a kitchen splashback in a few weeks time. (Walls are being plastered due...
Replies
Views
RDTiling
R
S
Hi All, need to tile a small splashback (using 10x10 tiles) roughly 60cm wide x 50cm high on...
Replies
Views
A
Hi Guys Am doing a Travertine splashback tomorrow with 100x100 tumbled and unfilled travertine...
Replies
Views
P
doing a job next week house has only glass spashback from cooker up to hood, she wants all the...
Replies
Views
Perry
P

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Stainless Steel Splashback
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.