Discuss Stainless Steel Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

ozboz

Hiya, going into Oxford St to day to look at shop floor, seems some one has made a right royal pigs lug of it,:yikes: got to rip up and re do, its for a firm I do a lot of stuff for, now as far as I have learned, the floor is to be overlaid with ply and the these sort of big oblong S Steel tiles fixed to it, so, any one had any exp with steel tiles ? any input would be appreciated, its got to be done Sunday, so if anyone is wandering around Soho call in and say hello, its a Japanese take away , easy to find, folow the noise ! i usually have my Northern Soul music on full blast !! if it all goes belly up, and the job looks like its come to a standstill, there a little pub on Frith St called the Porcupine !!:cheers2: not far from Ronnie Scotts !! , good chance youll find me there !! Cheers Steve

O

ozboz

Just waiting on info from Italian Manufacturer, from what I could see to day they are about 3mm thick. 2500 x 60 size, fixed onto 6 mm marine ply, id say it will be some form of contact adhesive, or possibly silcone, just in limbo now untill I get e mail, plus as usual, I have only 12 hours from 8 sunday night to get it all up, re boarded and steel fixed, bit different from yesterday, any way................

O

ozboz

timber, overlaid with ply, just a case of waiting now untill I get manuf's spec, id say it will be some sort of contact stuff, was only wondering if anyone had any exp fixing this sort of material in a fashion similar to ceramics or vynyl's, Ive seen mech fixed and welded steel cladding, but not this, anyway, tom I should get spec and go from there, Ill post any relevant info just in case any one else has to have a go at this. The basic tiling strategies are applied, two man team, especially if contact is used, cutting is easy if you have the right gear, but, depending where you are working, hot work permits may need to be issued, also, possibly adhesive may have special H&S considerations, so a bit different, there could be another 21 of these floors as far as I know so there is a great possibility that the substrates will vary, will post soon as , Cheers

J

jay

I dont think that matters to much with this type of floor, weve got to go away from the norm tiling mentality, 3mm steel is very strong, but also very flexible, but as mentioned ill see what the specs come up with mate, if they say min ply substrate is 15mm, then thats what it will be, learning curves !! tilings full of 'em !!!

don't hold out much hope for the grout

Reply to Stainless Steel Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hello peeps, I've just finished tiling a brick bond slash back and everything looks good and...
Replies
Views
Alberta Stone
A

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Stainless Steel Tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.