UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Stardust Quartz 300x300 fitting on chipboard floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Marksmithtiling

Morning Everyone !

I've been a member here for a while and have gleaned a lot of good info,however I'd like a bit of advice on the following please-

Been asked to lay the above tiles , not sure where they are from as customer got them on line but he tells me they are the same as Topps Tiles version(black glittery).

The customer had a leak in the bathroom which flooded most of the upstairs ,kitchen and hall. The floor has all been replaced in bathroom/landing/bedroom with standard flooring grade chipboard and new stud walls erected so removing and replacing with ply is not an option.

The way I am thinking is to Hardie board (screwed down) and use a spf addy and flexi grout?

Any suggestions on the best adhesive welcomed .Also I assume that these will need to be cut on wet cutter not a score and snap??

BTW leak was from flexi hose to the toilet mains pressure for 10 hours makes a hell of a mess !!

Thanks in advance.Mark

T

Thatch

Just looked at job,its 18mm ply so still using hardie and been given the good news needs to be done over the weekend as plumber back on tuesday to refit sanitary ware, oh well got to take the work when its there............

Hi mate, no need to seal these at all so you can crash straight into it!! They are actually a dream to lay and look wicked when finished!!

Good luck with it!! Enjoy!

M

Marksmithtiling

If there are the one that I think you should really seal them as they are a quartz mixed with a resin, they won't take much sealer but i have always been advised to give them a coat of sealer.

I'll get my customer to check that with supplier then, cheers

Differing opinions on addy !!! 2 part or spf ???? best get that checked as well

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Marksmithtiling

Well finally finished this job yesterday. Customer happy with job :hurray:. Cutting them was ok bought myself a Rubi DU 200 BL ,needed a new powered cutter any way,very cheap from an online company saved at least £80 compared to others.!
Tiles came from Nicobond. In store they suggested Lithofin stain stop can be used,technical on phone suggested no sealer at all ??? so customer went with none.

When it came to grouting I was going to use Bal superflex Wide joint black,did a patch test on an offcut and it scratched.
Had to go back to Nicobond and use their own brand with not as much sand in according to them. did another patch test all good.
Thanks for every ones help i this one I learnt a lot about these tiles .

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Stardust Quartz 300x300 fitting on chipboard floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, Been a while. Need to quote for complete bath room. The exisiting tiles finish pretty...
Replies
Views
Here's a bathroom I ripped out recently, the floor was chipboard and hardboard, completely...
Replies
Views
K
Apologies if this has been covered but I could not find much info on aquapanel searching...
Replies
Views
Unused Account 1
U
Hi there I am new to this and I would just appreciate a little bit of advice. I have searched...
2 3
Replies
Views
Hi guys, been asked to tile hall/wc with chipboard floor but have advised not to tile on...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.