Discuss starting a job as a tiler in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hearted

hi i have done a tiling course 6 weeks long and also done about 6 jobs since which went ok. now i have been offered a full time job as a tiler. i feel bit nervous will i be ok? do tilers working for domestic houses work really fast. i know the basics and i can tile just dont want to look a fool against a well experienced tiler on my first day. has someone done a similar thing and can anyone advise me cheers

R

russ1980

I know where your coming from.Confidence is still something i have an issueA with.I know my works good(well i think so,but don't we all) but i sometimes doubt myself.A recent example of this was where a friend of a friend wanted there brand new bathroom tiled with some marble tiles they were somewhere in the region of £80m2 and they had 30m2 of the stuff i had to say i was to busy even though i was'nt.A bit more confidence and i could have had another job under my belt.Looking back now i think what a fool.Also my friend tells me the tiler they did get to do it made a right mess and he's been tiling 20yrs.Good luck with the job and let us know how you get on:thumbsup:.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to starting a job as a tiler in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
Can anybody recommend a cutter that will produce very good edge cuts on 10mm very hard porcelain...
Replies
Views
J
I am seeking experienced and reliable tilers for ongoing work in Hampshire, including...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
    • Informative
Should be able to find these forum categories at the top of the forum homepage :) I'm hoping...
Replies
Views
A williams
A

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
starting a job as a tiler
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.