UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Starting a new wetroom (1st time) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

willtile

Hello all,
Im about to start a new wetroom. It is located on the first floor - the floor is joists/boards, two of the walls are external walls, i.e. brick, the other two are stud.

The floorboards are flat and level. I was going to take up the boards, fit noggins everywhere then replace with 18mm wbp ply. I was going to overboard this with 6mm TBB. Then Fit the 24mm shower tray in the cornner. Then My plan was to tank the junctions between all the boards and the junction between the tray and the TBB. However, I spoke to the chap that runs WETDECS - he reccomended just fitting Dural-Ci over the existing floorboards and overlapping the edge of the tray slightly - apparently it will decoupole and tank at the same time. Which approach is better?

Re the walls - i was going to replace the plaster board with TBB and again tank the joints between the boards. But he reccomends using plasterboard with Dural WP over the lot. Is it OK to use Plasterboard with tanking membrane or better to use TBB?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Starting a new wetroom (1st time) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Wetroom leaked. Former and first course of wall tiles removed. WBP ply on joists (shower tray...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.