UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Starting my Slate kitchen in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

John the tile

Hello everyone,

Im going to tile my kitchen with slate tiles over the coming weeks and would be gratefull for some help when I get stuck. I completed a course a year ago and have done several jobs for friends and family during the year. So im confident at doing it myself.
Im going to be sorting the floor out tomorrow by ripping up the old tiles first.
Im currently looking at some tiles but have not yet decided what I want. Im hoping to do it with three different size tiles, possible a small tile a rectangle tile and a large tile.
Could any one tell me what this pattern is called and if there a set plan to setting this type of pattern out. ?
Cheers
John

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Re: Newbie here, Starting my Slate kitchen

Hi John and welcome..

This is a popular one with 3 sizes..

Floor-Tile-Patterns-5.jpg

Not seen it in slate though, is it not Opus pattern i 4 sizes..?

J

John the tile

Re: Newbie here, Starting my Slate kitchen

Yes Dave your right its the the 4 tile pattern haha.

Is there a plan or website that could help me with this 4 tile pattern. or set way of doing it?

I was reading about sealing them, but Ive heard conflicting reports as to whether to seal before grouting or not? Ive heard the grout will not stick properly if you seal them?

Thanks for the welcomes, look forward to doing this...

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Starting my Slate kitchen in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Starting my Slate kitchen
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.