UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Starting out self employed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter

You'll need to register self employed within the first 3 months and do a yearly tax return by 31 January. Keep all receipts for absolutely everything and if you're getting paid on the CIS scheme with tax deducted from your wages then you'll get a nice tax rebate every year. If you're not paying tax at source then you'll need to put a bit aside every month to pay your bill. Bills can be split by paying half in January and half in July. You'll also need to pay National Insurance contributions every quarter, which work out at about £2.50 a week.

A decent accountant will keep you right.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Starting out self employed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, I havent been in the business of tiling long. With that being said as someone...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm really sorry to bore Many of you. I didn't want to hijack another post. I'm 42 good...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.