Discuss Starting point ?? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bert

Hello to all,

I am fitting a single vertical column of 300 x 300mm Zen mosaic tiles, floor to ceiling at mid point on a 1700 mm wide wall.

My question is do i -

A: Fit mosaic first then tile out from it.
B: Tile one side of the wall, fit mosaic then tile other side.
C: Tile both sides then fix mosaic.

I assume i should use rapid set for the mosaic, any suggestion for brand.
Field tile 12mm thick mosaic 10mm, any tips for a level & flush finish.
Zen mosaic.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
If there is a difference in depth between the mosaics and other tiles then you could use 'straight edge tile trim' (metal or plastic). Tile one side of the wall, then fit (vertically) a length of tile trim. Tile the mosaics, then butt up the next piece of tile trim to the mosaics (the flange of the trim should fit behind your larger tiles).

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Starting point ?? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Are there any BS standards covering this please I have recently had 3 sides of a shower tiled...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have a question about how/when best to install tile trim - probably quite basic! One...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all. I am a keen DIYer (at home) but have never tiled! I want to tile our small...
Replies
Views
S
We’ve recently decided we’d like to tile our narrow chimney breast in advance of fitting a wood...
Replies
Views
C
Hi, Running a small bathroom job for a customer. Customer really wants to use a particular...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB