UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss starting to think about my life in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kent tiler

well as you all know i was working on my mums job till today when she went to fare.
just cant do it no more shouting at me swearing at me calling me up at silly oclock
the weekends is my time with the misiss and the kids i told her time and time agen not too call about and too leave us alone ill be back on monday.
monday to friday is work the weekends is my time too chill.
any way today i turn up to work only to be screamed at sworn at told im a cowboy little boy and that ill never be a reall trades man.
retard ect ect what pushed me over the edge today was when i was bent over in the new bathroom looking in my tool bag when she kicked me and called me a
i shot up and it was too close to call i could of put one on her chin and not thort twice abut.
since i started this job iv had chest pains headacks coughing up stuff off my chest.
i think its stress from this job iv spent no time with the kids or the wife since iv got marred.
when the job started it was slowly pulling us apart.

well today i finally flipped and packed my tools and went.
I hold all the cards at the mo im the one with all the contacts the chippy for the new kitchen the sparky and the rubbish man ect ect
now i feel bad as my nan lives there too and and i walked off the job and left them too it but i needed to for my own sanity and my relationship.
as it was pulling us apart each day.
now i cant help but fill im in the ronge and im starting to question my line of work and if i eally want too stay in the building trade at all i love what i do it just iv been really put down and need time to think

sorry if i dont come on here for a bit its just i need a brake
id really like to here some of your thorts on this one please it mite help me sort my head out.

thanks peeps toe the time to read this :frown5:

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aston

have you considered a hit on her??? plenty of terrorists looking for work at the moment. id offer to do it myself but i am crap at disposing of bodies. i never quite get rid of all the blood and these police now have phorensic psychologists and dna (not deans tiling firm) experts at their disposal so i would recommend getting it done professionally...oh and remember, if you are going to feed the body to the pigs, remove the teeth, it plays havic with their digestive system.......its all go isnt it

seriously, just trying to make you laugh, chin up..
id get your own work mate and ditch the family connection, the games hard enough without having to deal with that kind of thing...
onward, upwards and even sideways but dont go back..
best of luck, you'll be fine ;0)

B

bugs183

Wow, that's bad mate, it must be to air it with us lot.
It's a double wammy. When a job goes wrong, which they do every now and again you will feel really bad about it. Myself and my dad are both tilers and we will get a bad job/customer once a year roughly. It is very upsetting as it's easy to take it personally, especially if you take yourself and your trade seriously. Unforetunetly your customer happens to be your mother, which makes the problem even worse.
Reading between the lines it sounds like your mums got more on her mind than just you and the job etc.
Despite what she said, you were a man about it and you had the backbone to walk away from a very awkward and traumatic situation, without making things worse.
I'd say concentrate on your family (which could be the reason, maybe she's a bit jealous that her son is not about for her?), put them first and then your mum should come round.
Good luck matey.

K

kent tiler

thanks peeps im chilling with the misiss and kids its really nice to just chill out on the sofa i woke up to day had an extra half hour in bed tided up.
iv made up ,my mind about my line of work im going to have it large this year whats left of it.
im branching out in the partitioning and suspended ceilings all the metal frame stuff.
and try to get more board work too.
iv got some big plastering firms in kent that now have my number.
iv been with one of the firms for some time now i lost a full 3 bedroom house skimmng job because i was working for my mum. kicked my self over that.

but im selling off some tools that she bought me on the job (i dont need her help ) and never will my rubi du-200-bl im open to offers
i dont want her help even if i was die ing she is bitter and twisted

F

Fliselege

My Mum's great KT, up until about 1800 when she starts on her dinner with the vino as company, 1 sip and she turns into your Mum, so used to it after 30 odd years that she's forbidden to phone me once she's had a slurp, not that it matters I turn the poxy thing off most evenings. Nobody has to deal with that mate, don't tolerate crap from family that you wouldn't let friends get away with, Mum or not. You're having the last laugh going home to your own new family.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to starting to think about my life in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hi, My tiler has just left and apart from him chatting to me about his life story for majority...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.