UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss steam shower seat/bench advice needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Uheat

Hi you should be able to make one with LUX Element "EL SL" & "EL SQ" boards which are designed to make curves - in the Lux Elements catalogue it gives a photo of one they have made.
I estimate you could make 1200 wide bench for £150 - £200. The 50mm thick board can be stuck together to make 100mm thick - which if adequately supported will easily hold one or two people.

Are you getting that from N&C in Leeds?

U

Uheat

do you mean something like this?

Attachments

• koppen seats 6.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 263
  • koppen seats 7.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 230
U

Uheat

Can you tell us more about this Aaron?

Sorry,

These seats are made from the same material as some of our insulation boards, it is constructed with a rigid extruded polystyrene core and has a alkaline resistant glass fibre reinforcement mesh encapsulated with a high polymer modified cementitious coating.

The design in the pictures is popular one that is sold but pretty much anything can be made to order for you. You can even include ufh to the seats and have a nice warm bum while sitting!!

U

user123

Sorry,

These seats are made from the same material as some of our insulation boards, it is constructed with a rigid extruded polystyrene core and has a alkaline resistant glass fibre reinforcement mesh encapsulated with a high polymer modified cementitious coating.

The design in the pictures is popular one that is sold but pretty much anything can be made to order for you. You can even include ufh to the seats and have a nice warm bum while sitting!!

Would the seats be suitable for outdoors? To be (partly) covered with artistic mosaics? Looking for a corner bench set up....

U

Uheat

Hi all,

The dimensions of each straight section are 1200mm each section consists of a base, seat and back rest. We would recommend fixing the units with an MS polymer adhesive, if the benches are free standing then cost would vary slightly as an additional timber frame would have to be built in for support.

The corner sections are expensive and an alternative would be to use 2 x straight sections and mitre them together which our supplier can do for you.

The prices below are meant as a guide price only. The best solution is to see a diagram of what you would like to achieve and we can then give a true costing. The price below does not include delivery to site.

Base £125.58
Seat £151.36
Back £123.05

Total £399.99 Inc Vat.

A corner Section will cost £1100, so using 2 straight sections and a mitre would save money and also easier to tile!!

If anyone is interested in something like this, if you can send me a plan with location i can get a proposal put together for you.

I have also attached a few diagrams which include a recliner seat which i am not sure if this is what Lara Wanted?

Attachments

• profile detail 1.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 311
  • profile detail 2.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 180
  • profile detail 5.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 153
  • profile detail 6.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 163
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to steam shower seat/bench advice needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I'm hoping someone here can give me some advice! I'm re-tiling my shower after needing to rip...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
We've had a wet room installed upstairs using the Impey wet room system (see attached). The...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.