Discuss Stone show 2013 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

yes rainsco . i am sorry that we did not meet up this year as discussed.
I have really enjoyed flying to munchen in past to relive my life in that great city and then hire a car to go down to verona and back which conveniently coincides with the oktober fest.
you are quite right about the show in nurnberg as well.
i went to school with the owners of stoneage and richard keeps asking me to go to nurnberg with him . i know its a great show and a great town.
last time i was there in mid 1980s i had an experience that will never be forgotten.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Anybody else going?

Innovate and improve workshop design and productivity at the Natural Stone Show…

Can’t put off investing in new machinery any longer but want to make sure you get the latest technology at show deal prices? Then come and see what’s on offer at the Natural Stone Show in ExCeL London from 30 April to 2 May.

The Waters Group, for example, is a leading supplier of some of the best in stone processing technology. It is exhibiting alongside Thibaut, the French machinery manufacturer whose innovations are certainly equal to the challenge they face from the Italian giants. Waters also represent American waterjet company Flow in the stone sector.

The Thibaut brand has been the mainstay of the Waters Group’s machinery offering for many years. Waters also sells Montresor edge polishers as a complement and, of course, it will be showing all the latest developments in tools, safety gear and handling equipment, consumables, dust suppression and water recycling, not to mention digital templating from Prodim’s Proliner.

One of the Group’s most popular tools is its exclusive Mitre Clamp. It is ideal for use in association with the MitreForma that the company sells – an inexpensive saw just for cutting mitres that some stone processors who have bought one describe as their best ever investment.

Another of the long-established, top division UK machinery agencies showing at ExCeL is New Stone Age, which had a singularly successful year in 2012, recording its second highest ever level of sales (the highest was in 2001).

New Stone Age does not just sell machinery but, in conjunction with the manufacturers it represents, offers bespoke solutions to its customers. That has made it a supplier of choice for some of the UK’s largest stone companies. In the past year it has supplied Hutton Stone in Berwick-upon-Tweed, Richard Heather’s Meister Masonry for its new factory in Cheltenham, Portland Stone Firms, Ian Lowes Stonemasonry in Cumbria, AD Calvert Architectural Stone Supplies in North Yorkshire, Dennis Gillson & Son at Naylor Hill Quarry in Keighley, Cumbrian stone quarry and processing company Burlington… the list goes on.

Among the marques represented by New Stone Age is Marchetti, the CNC workcentres. Two new names in the New Stone Age range are Benetti quarry saws and Faedo cranes. The Benetti saws might seem to be in competition with what is perhaps the best-known of the New Stone Age brands – Bombieri & Venturi (BV), which New Stone Age has represented in the UK for more than 30 years – but James Turton, the Managing Director of New Stone Age, says Benetti Fast Belts are ideal for relatively soft limestones rather than the hard, abrasive sandstones that the BMs slice through.

The Faedo cranes complement the Righetti vacuum lifts in the New Stone Age range, while Omec water treatment plant sold by New Stone Age has also been in high demand as stone companies look for ways of reducing their water bills while becoming more environmentally friendly.

A brand that has had a significant impact on the UK stone processing market since it was introduced by UK agents D Zambelis at the Natural Stone Show in 2008 is Gisbert.

Zambelis is back at ExCeL this year showing the latest developments from Gisbert, some of which have been made as a direct response to suggestions from Zambelis to meet the requirements of the market in the British Isles – although one of the aspects that attracted Zambelis to Gisbert in the first place was that the manufacturer was willing to modify each machine to meet the requirements of individual workshops and factories.

Zambelis also represents Achilli, the Italian maker of saws and machinery, as well as selling a comprehensive range of tools and machinery, including the highly respected Italian-made Nicolai diamond tools that Zambelis has now added to the branded ranges it offers.

Even newer to the market is Breton UK, established in 2010. Benefitting hugely from the highly respected name of Italian stone machinery manufacturer Breton, the UK company is headed by Carl Sharkey, who is also still selling American digital templaters into Europe as Laser Products Europe.

Breton UK has also taken on distribution of Sasso Meccanica edge polishers in the British Isles to complement the Breton range, although Sasso is taking a stand of its own at the Stone Show.

Something many visitors to the Natural Stone Show might be particularly interested in are the D2 Technology machines being sold by Breton UK for turning waste pieces of stone into saleable product.

A Stone Show regular back again this year is National Masonry, which sells MarmoMeccanica, Cobalm, Weha, Ghines, Galeski, Ital Mecc, Sintolit and other brands, all of which will be on show on the National Masonry stand at the Natural Stone Show so those in the industry the company does not see regularly will know exactly what it has to offer.

Italian machinery giants exhibiting on their own stands in London include Intermac, part of the huge Biesse corporation, Prussiani and Fantini.

And if you decide to invest in new machinery or really want to explore the potential of your existing kit it will be worth talking to Birmingham company Delcam.

With subsidiaries on the Continent, in America and in Asia, Delcam is one of the world’s leading suppliers of advanced CADCAM solutions for manufacturing. Its software is used by more than 40,000 organisations in 80 countries, with its range of design, manufacturing and inspection programs providing complete, automated CADCAM solutions for taking complex-shaped products from concept to reality.

Like the machinery companies, some of the diamond, hand and power tool and equipment manufacturers will be exhibiting in their own right while others will be partnering distributors. Either way there is plenty to choose from. To drop some names: Encore Diamond, Sankyo Diamond Products, Superabrasives, Apex Grange, Edge Tools, Superabrasives, Tabularasa, as well as the tooling that will be shown on the stands of machinery manufacturers and agents that also sell tools and consumables.

If you really want a hands-on chance to explore what’s going on in stone processing, spend a day at ExCeL. You can register now, FREE, by clicking here

Or to find out more about exhibiting contact the team for the latest availability:

Tel: +44 (0) 115 945 3889 Email: [email protected]

[url]www.stoneshow.co.uk[/URL]

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Stone show 2013 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
Hello to the forum. I am a carpenter and have undertaken tiling in my own house. I completed the...
Replies
Views
Hello, We recently had a family friend who is just about to finish his tiling apprenticeship...
Replies
Views
I have just installed a new cast iron fireplace and mantle. I’ve also built a raised trim around...
Replies
Views
I just got a new bathroom done through a plumber, who managed the whole process (I had no...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB