Discuss stone wall tiles to plywood adhesive in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

riff

Room is kitchen & they're to go on the walls & will weigh 30kg per sq m & ply because it will take the weight & yes I do know they have to be solidly anchored battens & Ill be using the same heavy duty wall anchors that work on my walls & if I can get my roof to stay on in 125mph gales I can surely get plywood to stay on my kitchen walls & can someone please just tell me what's the strongest best adhesive to get the heavy stone tiles to stick to the plywood without falling off? Thank you all! PS I'm having a bad day!

beanz

TF
Berkshire
I wouldn't use Ply on walls personally, although i believe it was standard practice back in the day.. I'd go with a cement backer board, where you could just use SPF.. Plaster board won't take the weight either. I would have to suggest a 2 part flexible adhesive for Ply, but as i haven't personally done it, i couldn't really recommend a specific brand.. Good luck with it ;)

T

The D

BS5385 6.1.2.6
Sheets and boards
The use of sheets or boards that are subject to movement from
changes in moisture content should be avoided if at all possible
. If
such boards (plywood board, chipboard, some fibre building boards)
have to be used, they should be restricted to small areas and installed
in such a way that they provide a dimensionally stable and rigid
background. The backs and edges of such boards should be treated
against the ingress of atmospheric moisture that would result in
movement and warping. Tiles should not bridge joints between
boards.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
The PTB stands for Pourable Thick Bed. Good for floors, less so for walls unless you're Paul Daniels! I wouldnt use plywood either, I'd use plasterboard, Hardie or Marmox.

Beat me to it Rookery. I couldn't help but chuckle when i read it though.

What's the wall you're intending to batton onto made off exactly? Can you not board straight to it rather than framing and boarding?

Either way, i'd use plasterboard rather than ply as has been said, unskimmed its 32Kg. Miles cheaper than plying it.

- - - Updated - - -

The PTB stands for Pourable Thick Bed. Good for floors, less so for walls unless you're Paul Daniels! I wouldnt use plywood either, I'd use plasterboard, Hardie or Marmox.

Beat me to it Rookery. I couldn't help but chuckle when i read it though.

What's the wall you're intending to batton onto made off exactly? Can you not board straight to it rather than framing and boarding?

Either way, i'd use plasterboard rather than ply as has been said, unskimmed its 32Kg. Miles cheaper than plying it.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to stone wall tiles to plywood adhesive in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to establish product info from distributors. For example...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB