UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Stone work, the way forward in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Harry the tiler

I think the way forward for many tilers now days is in natural stone, with the prices of the stone falling its becoming more available to the masses, also with so many new tilers flying out of courses many who may not fancy getting into natural stone for a while as they have limited experiance, i think some of the more established of us are now finding our selves being recomended from job to job to fit stone more and more....

H

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Good words, I think you have a very valid point Harry. I was thinking about getting a mixed container of Stone and / or Marble imported to flog off to local trade's and customers of mine but never thought much after thinking it, I suppose providing there was enough interest from the older tilers i'd get through them eventually.

M

Mudster

Being completely biased I also think this is the way forward, I'm so convinced I quit fitting stone and started concentrating on importing and selling it.

The general public at large in the UK (and a lot of retaillers also) are very uneducated about stone, marble and natural products in general. It's down to us to educate them to the merits and pitfalls of the use of natural stone.

I'm happy to help with any advice if required, feel free to ask.

L

Leatherface

There is a lot of cheap stone on the market now - especially travertine - Al Murad sell it at around £27.00 per metre - it is of the lowest quality though - much more filling and many more holes in the back - this stuff can be a bit dodgy for floors - have seen instances where customer - usually lady in her high heels has gone through and made hole in the tile. You still get what you pay for !!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Stone work, the way forward in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just after a bit of advice. I've just had some 15mm limestone tiles fitted in my...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.