Discuss Stonefix adhesives and grout. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

terrygrant

I used a pallete of their single part S2 rated adhesive last year, it came in plain white bags with no info and we were not very impressed with it. I previously used their S1 single part flexible and we didn't like it one bit and had lots of problems with it. Not sure if this was the "new formulation" or not but I am unlikley to go down that road again as it was very expensive sorting out the problems (tiles not sticking to a tanking membrane despite solid bed fixing with adhesive on tile and wall for example)

Terry

D

DHTiling

Ok..

Just finished the bathroom using these Stonefix products.

S1 white stonefix rapid set flexible :.. Mixes up to a nice consistency and has great bond/contact with the tile with little effort.. pot life was around 40 mins but room was quite warm.. The adhesive did feel like it would cope with the top bed depth of 20mm no probs if that was required.. i was fixing square edge travertine and deffo did not need any slumping and i certainly did not get this with this adhesive.. All in all a good adhesive and would use again no probs.

StoneFix FG112 grout in cream : This grout(5kg) mixed up with approx 1.7 ltrs of water and was noticeable a very fine grout almost unsanded in texture and very creamy once mixed.

Washed off by hand with a sponge twice and after initial inspection could not see any shading, this proceeded by an inspection today and as i hoped , no shading.. So very pleased with the out come.. This grout is very flexible and fast setting.. so perfect for working with stones that might picture frame with a slower setting grout..

So a :thumbsup: from me.. and a thanks to Andy Gough @ Stonefix for letting me trial these products out.

Dave.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Stonefix adhesives and grout. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Stonefix adhesives and grout.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.