Discuss stratum in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hassana09

Hi,
I've just brought stratum tiles from topps tiles. I've read some of the post and just wanted to get advise.
I've been told by topps to get a bal protective sealer which will help protect the tiles when tilling. Is this true? If so how much help can it be?
The tiler that did topps show bathroom said he grouted and the as soon as he grouted he cleaned it with wet sponge. What do you think to that?
What's the best colour grout and sealent to use for the anthracite stratum tiles?
Is there anything you would do through experience to make sure these are grouted and fitted right?

S

Stef

What I would do is take them back!!
Only joking, welcome along to the forum,
As you have found out these tiles are a nightmare to grout, they tell you to finger the grout in & use a minimum joint, they say butt joint them but you can't as they are out here & there a mm or 2.
I'm not sure what grout colour I used, think it was Mapei 112 or 113.
6adb80a92a2ec05571f46f13b405db8d.jpg

3c440f89b7046fa2398836931d0ce1f0.jpg

I

Ian

The protective sealer should be applied before grouting not before the installation of the tiles, this is to help with the washing off process as these tiles are a pain to clean due to the rough texture. Grout colour, in my opinion, should be as close to the colour of the tile as you can get, so the tiles appear as seamless as possible. Where are you plnning on installing these tiles? Welcome to the forum.

M

m3fitter

yes, tiles are a nightmare ! there are many types of these tiles around, careful with some to fix them the right way up ! as some are directional, ie: water falls off them, not pooling... some hold grout residue badly, use a small grout joint 1-2mm max, seal the tiles with a pre sealer, colour co ordinate the tile-grout, and Mapei / Bal have colour co ordinated silicones to match aswell.. fitted well, they can look good

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to stratum in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB