Discuss straw walls? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Just Rizzle

got a job starting Tuesday the outer walls are plaster board dot and dab on to breeze block which we intend to rip out and replace the internal walls are 75mm thick and are STRAW house built by large national builder in past 15yrs the bath end is against the straw walls and the tiles are bulging off wall due to moisture damage.
our plan is to strip off tiles and fix hardy backer board with addy and mechanical fixings to part of wall and to stud out to make a feature to hide pipes and waste
has any body come over these walls befor?

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
A lot of the houses in social housing developments in the last 30 years used prefabricated straw internal walls. It's fairly strong and economical.
A lot of the township homes around Peterborough have them.
You can get a good fixing to them though. If you're fixing timbers to build a box work on them pilot drill with a 3mm and squire in a little silicone, no nails etc before screwing in. The glue makes a fairly effective rawl plug for you. A bead on the back of the timber too.

Failing that, to board flat, cut out what you can of the bulge and comb on board adhesive with an 8mm notch and fix your board of choice.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to straw walls? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am in the middle of renovating my bathroom. First of its kind for me! The walls were...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone thanks for having me on the this forum ill try not to break any rules. I am diyer...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I need help on what prep I need to do. I have read on the forums here and I seem to be going...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB