Discuss Strips Of Mosiac Boarders in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Hampshire
Hi Paul , can only give a DIY persons version, I had this issue on to rooms, one I used the sticky mosiac matting avalible from tile stores, cut some into strips . These worked well keeping them from moving around .On the other , I cut a strip of cement board for the back and packed out to the correct depth for mosiac and addy to be right, flush. These may be incorrect , worked for me, sure the pros will put you in the right direction.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
In the past I've used strips of Ditra mating or Durabase behind the mosaic. I've used the 'Beva' matting from Topps Tiles. I've even used thin mosaic tiles to get over differences in thickness between the field tile and the mosaic border.

However, if you mean a horizontal wavy line, then use the back of a grout float to press the mosaic into place.

I tell all my customers that want mosaic tiles this.........mosaic tiles are never uniform on the sheet. There will always be crooked tiles. I try and cherry pick the best sheets to use and nearly always have to cut out a few individual tiles and stick them back on straight.

S

SJPurdy

Use "dog tooth" method twice:
1st time to bring the substrate level out so that it is just the thickness of the mosaic and a thin adhesive bed lower than the already fixed surrounding tiles.
And when this has set.
2nd time to provide just the right thin bed of adhesive to bed the mosaic into. Press into place using rubber grout float 'bridging' the surrounding tiles, adding spacers as required.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Strips Of Mosiac Boarders in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
I'm embarking on tiling a kitchen, wall-to-wall (under washing machine etc). most of the floor...
Replies
Views
If i find floor tiling too much of a challenge following standard procedures, would it be OK if...
Replies
Views
I am part-way through having retrofit underfloor heating installed (the panel type) and in a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB