Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Stupid customer. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

I have been doing a kitchen for the last two days ( I hate domestic work sometimes). I left yesterday and he assured me that the skirts would be off, the washer out and radiator removed. Got there this morning and he had done nothing. "Thought you were taking the skirts off?" I asked him.
"I couldn't do it" he said "it was too hard"
"the washer?" I asked
"couldn't do it" he said, "too heavy"
I replied, "good job you dont have a computer then because that might say no as well"

I get the washer and skirts removed in about half an hour.

" isn't it easy when you have the proper tools" he said. I was using two bolsters and a hammer.........flamin eejit!

When I gave him the bill about an hour ago he queried everything down to a tube of silicone, "I am sorry he says but I am £50 light, will you accept this, I meant to go to the bank but forgot" Double flamin eejit!!
"No I wont" I said, "the cash point is around the corner, I will wait here while you go and get my cash"

He went and got it.

Some customers are flamin eejits and take the pee, or at least try to.

I need a beer.....................:8:

D

diamondtiling

Its part of the job Rob if its been agreed in the price, if it hasn't and he suddenly decides that after ignoring my advice at the first meeting about removing the skirtings where he decides he does not "want the expense" then its an add on, otherwise they are getting you to do a job that they said they did not want to pay for and expecting you to do it for free. I dont do free.

:mad2:

C

Colour Republic

Its part of the job Rob if its been agreed in the price, if it hasn't and he suddenly decides that after ignoring my advice at the first meeting about removing the skirtings where he decides he does not "want the expense" then its an add on, otherwise they are getting you to do a job that they said they did not want to pay for and expecting you to do it for free. I dont do free.

:mad2:

ahhh I never said I do it for free:yikes:, I would always include these sort of works in the price, my prices are broken down and they would be aware of how much I was charging to remove the skirtings, replace and redocorate. If they didn't want to pay for that then fine, we could agree that they would do it, if it wasn't done when I got there and I had to do it then the original price would be charged

S

SandyFloor

I started years ago removing appliances, skirting, altering doors etc. but put it into quotes. I always point out an approximate price for them getting a joiner and plumber in as well as the extra hassle of arranging them. I get a lot of work that way and no quibbles at the end of the job.

I was caught out a few years ago when I disconnected a washing machine that had been in over ten years and all the piping fell apart. Quick visit to B&Q at 7pm and two and a half hours putting it together again.

S

SandyFloor

I just reread your inital post. I didn't notice the customer agreed to do removals himself to save money. Well done for standing your ground. I had a similar thing last year when the customer knew there would be additional costs which couldn't be established until the job was nearly complete but the cheque has been written out beforehand and I let it go (about £35). Same customer had me back a few weeks ago and exactly the same thing happened and this time I insisted on payment in full.....they seem to find cash around when they need to. After the second time I'm fairly sure it was a ploy to save them a few quid.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
iv'e had many a customer wanting to rip up vynal and carpet to save money, when you get there to start work its still down, they always say it wont come up know matter how hard we try............what they really mean is i tryed for 5mins broke a finger nail and can't be bothered.

i all ways price the prep in with the job now as you all ways end up doing it anyway .

Last edited:

Reply to Stupid customer. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I fixed some mosaic the other day, long, thin strips in a 300x300 mesh cut in to two, and used...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi there First time poster - have had a tiler come and do our kitchen floor in terracotta...
Replies
Views
New here and no knowledge of professional tiling! I had one installer do three new bathrooms. He...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Stupid customer.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.