UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Substrate preparation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Hi Guys

This is my 1st question on here and I've picked up loads of advice since joining, so thanks for that.

I have a job to tile a patio area with 800x600 porcelain tiles. It's triangular shaped and the right angle lengths are approx. 5m and 6.5m long. Although the area will have a roof over it, it will have open sides. The builders have put a fall on the concrete floor, that runs from the 90 degree corner to the the long side, to allow for water to run away (Approx 30mm fall over 6.5m length). The concrete will be dry, it's been down approx. 6 weeks already and job starts mid January. So my questions are:-

1) When I come to do the job I'm a bit unsure whether to put down an SLC as surely this could potentially lose the fall (If the SLC does what it says on the tin). What do you guys recommend?

2) I always use SBR primer for internal work, should I use the same for outside or do you recommend something else.

3) I use Benfer addy all the time and have had no problems with it, BenferFIX Rapidset would be what I would use for the job. Should I continue with this or use something else?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Substrate preparation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hello, First post here on the forum. Thanks for reading! I have an application for 1"...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.