UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss substrate problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cm ceramics

Went to view a job today, a hallway 6m x 1.6m. Substrate is standard floor boards.
Generally I'd reinforce any areas of deflection, over board with ply, primed of course, followed by hardi backer then tile.

This particular one has two single boards that need replaced to eliminate deflection other than that they're pretty stable. I'm looking keep height to a minimum without ripping out n replacing full floor area with18 - 22mm. (At the request of minimal disruption as it the only access to house and to keep cost down)

Would hardie backer on its own suffice for the job over floor boards as long as deflection is sorted.

Never used it on boards without plying first or full replacement.

Any other suggestions

Thanks

S

Stef

I think i read on here last week that TJ or Phil Hobson levelled the floorboards 1st then fixed the hardie.

I have had a bit of an issue going over old floorboards that have capped & when you glue & screw/nail the hardie in place it is not absolutely bang on the level, it follows the contour of the boards slightly. Nothing that a small pack wont sort out.

Just wanted you to know incase you come across this CM.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to substrate problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am planning on tiling my bathroom floor, I removed the old tiles myself which were...
Replies
Views
When removing tiles around a shower area, some of the outer paper layer came off the...
Replies
Views
Perfect Tiling
P
I had my bathroom done in September and my floor tiles have movement in them and the grout is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.