Discuss Suggestions please?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wilywombat

I have a house thatwas built in the sixties and the floorboards in the bathroom are 3/4" thick. I want to tile it throughout and would like to keep the finished bathroom floor at the same level as the hallway outside. What is the best way to achieve this? I was thinking along the lines of lifting the existing floorboards, putting in some dwangs between the joists then flooring with 6mm OSB and then laying 6mm no more ply to form the substrate. Would this work or any suggestions gratefully received!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Suggestions please?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
Hi I would like to use some indoor tiles outside on the top of my fish pond wall, the tiles I am...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Suggestions please??
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.