Discuss supplying tiles to customers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

just split it

Hi lads. Have been working for myself now for about 6months and things are goin ok. The way I work jobs is go and measure up, tell the customer how many tiles they need, and I supply the materials. I notice that lots of tilers are picking up tiles from the tile supplier while I'm there and I'm wondering if I'm missing a trick in supplying tiles to customers. I was just wondering how you experienced fixers work when it comes to supplying tiles. Do you carry sample tiles and just say u can get a box for 8pound u then charge the customer 10pound?? Any advice on this matter would be hugely appreciated. Thanks.

R

Rookery

I just send my customer to my local suppliers to pick what they want, then in return I get more jobs and money off materials such as addy, grout tools, etc.... Saves spending money, and time travelling around collecting samples , and cluttering up the van !
Same here. Its such a faff having to get samples when often they've got no idea what they want. You can make some decent profit on tiles but if you supply, its your problem and responsibility to sort out in the event of any faults etc.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I nearly always try to supply tiles to my customers, next bathroom, only a smallish one, and I've made £*** on the tiles and the customer still has a discount on the tiles too. And that's not much compared to some!!!

Every £*** made on tiles affords me one day holiday without pay. If I only do 20 bathrooms in a year @ £*** a pop thats £*k for sorting out and taking the hassle off the customer. Plus I know I will have decent tile to work with. It's just another revenue stream in these tough times.

Last edited:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to supplying tiles to customers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Can I trouble some experts in here for some advice on laying pavers on a concrete pool surround...
Replies
Views
I started removing the tiles in my bathroom today and the majority of the plaster has come off...
Replies
Views
Tikkaaa
T

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB