UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Support / Fitting Limestone Coving in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

if this is a shelf drill 8mm hole 60mm deep into centre of shelf 4 holes 100mm in then every 200mm now put bolts in to wall using apoxy resin leaving 58mm of the thread sticking out. now fill the drill holes with apoxy resin about half way .and run a line of the resin down the back of the stone now push the stone on to the studs and push back intill it makes contact with the wall now let set /ps tape round the wall where the shelf is going to stop the apoxy sticking where you dont want

C

Ceramico tiling

You should definitely get some mechanical fastening on that slip.I would use threaded bars and set them 10mm into the stone with resin.If you keep the holes tight the bars will set straight. I would then get my holes on the wall perfect.I would make sure theres a good 40mm into the wall.There is a nice product called Green 300 Anchorset. It is a resin that has a long applicator nozzle that both mixes and lets the resin start right at the back of your holes in the wall.Threads are supposed to be turned into a hole filled with resin but thats not going to be possible.So deff use adhesive aswell. Just be carefull about the drying times with Green 300 if you decide to use it.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Support / Fitting Limestone Coving in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I am planning to lay 600mm x 600mm x 20mm slate on to an anhydrite screed. It is a very thick...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Currently preparing for my own bathroom refit and i'm doing all job myself except for...
Replies
Views
Forgive me for I am noob... I have a 9m x 9m floor area that is one space, but half is a new...
Replies
Views
Paramount wall fix for tiling ideas? the plan is (or was) to tile floor to ceiling with 200mm x...
Replies
Views
I would very much appreciate the advice of anyone who has fitted Marmox boards as I have decided...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.