Discuss Surface protector problems in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

skymole

Hi All
I finished a basalt floor with lithofin stain stop plus. I used "Hard Surface Floor Protector" (Tacky backed plastic sheeting) to cover the floor while various bits and pieces were finished off. I have just taken the floor protector up - to find it has marked the floor badly with the adhesive, I can read the writing on the tiles that was on the floor protector now!

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can clean the floor without messing up the lithofin finish?

Any advice greatly appreciated
Thanks very much
sky

Al@Lifetiles

TF
Arms
Had a similar problem with coredec covering on Basalt. The stone sweated underneath and has left water marks. After many trials and researching I would advise you to thoroughly clean the floor with Lithofin WEXA. Leave the floor to completely dry (this could take weeks depending on situation). If the staining is still visible perhaps try lithofin WAXOFF?
It is important for basalt to be completely dry and from what I've learnt basalt is more prone to staining than other stones. Keep in mind that the WEXA will un-seal the stone so this will have to be redone after.
Hope this helps.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Surface protector problems in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. Have a tiler coming in to do my floor tiles but don't think he's done a...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Looking for advice on how much adhesive to use. I’ve taken on my first tiling project and found...
Replies
Views
Greetings All, appreciate the expertise existing in this forum. I am a home remodeler, not a...
Replies
Views
Thanks for taking your time to read through this and really appreciate the support! So me and...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB