Currently reading:
SVP (grey water) gases leaking out - What do you see (pics)? Discussion Thread

Discuss SVP (grey water) gases leaking out - What do you see (pics)? Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com.

SVP (grey water) gases leaking out - What do you see (pics)? Discussion Thread

Hi all,

I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ?
Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to you?

I suspect that my long ongoing rotting veg/sewage smell is caused by a fault in this connection that has been hidden from previous inspections behind a layer of clean yellow Rockwool (see pic).

The connection is in a very awkward place to get to, behind kitchen cabinets, which is why I think it has been missed/overlooked (see plan).

The contractors plumber have dismissed these pictures as builders dust but my gut instinct is saying that it can't be a coincidence due to the location of the connection in relation to the smell and that the rock wool is clean on the outside but very dirty around the connection. I have checked everywhere else in the area, above and below.

This connection is located just above floor level in a boxed in column.

Short background: My flat and my next door neighbour are getting rotting veg like sewage smells coming out from around a grey water SVP. The pipe terminates mid wall (eye level) with a Durgo/AAV and this has been changed 3 times in the last 2 years. The SVP is boxed in to a small column that runs through 4 floors of our building but the smell problem is local to our two flats only and within a 2 meter radius of that SVP pipe (red circle in plan).

A camera inspection showed the pipe is not blocked all the way to ground level, yet the smell is still coming into our flat at low level from under the skirting in the area and the light switch. And in to my neighbours kitchen behind the cupboards again at low level.

Am I reaching or does this look like a pretty good sign of dirty air or even water coming out from that connection.

Thank you for you time and help, it's very much appreciated.
Jason

SVP (grey water) gases leaking out - What do you see (pics)? for the original thread on Plumbers Forums

Reply to SVP (grey water) gases leaking out - What do you see (pics)? Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB