UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Taking accurate chunks out (Part 3..) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

There are many times when you need to make large holes into a tile. Maybe to fit an electrical socket.

We are using cheap tiles to show you how to open up any type of tile from the inside to the edge. This is a much more accurate way than using an angle grinder.

You can actually stitch drill a tile using a range of core drills to open up the tile.

Dsc07711.jpg

You could take slithers out of a hole

Dsc07710.jpg

Or use the core to widen the tile and drop an electrical socket in place.

Dsc07712.jpg

You can see we move from perfect holes.

To deformed holes

Then into removing entire chunks of tile.

Dsc07757.jpg

Stitch drilling is a useful skill if you want to remove parts of a tile accurately.

R

=========

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Taking accurate chunks out (Part 3..) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views
The shower pan on my all tile 70 year old shower started to leak. I have access the the...
Replies
Views
uHeat and TilersForums.com go Way Back - And Continue to Partner-up to Bring You Savings on...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.