Discuss taking bathroom back in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

dave l and l

for the first time in ten years i am having a problem with a customer
started a job for a customer a few weeks ago and instantly ran into problems with walls needing re sheeted an floor needing sorted, so the job has over ran by a week or so
being as though it was an empty house and the customer was not given a specific date for a finish , i did not give this much concern, also on two occasions the power ran out in the building as the customer never bothered to top up the electric,
now on completion of bathroom the guy is deciding or not bothering to pay up the remaining balance
after a discussion with the guy the day before the job was done he was moaning about how long it was taking and he hoped it reflected on the price . i told him there was more to the job than first thought and he was getting a good price for it in the first place. he should not want to change price as i wouldnt be changing mine even though there was more to the job than first thought
however now job has been done it seems he isnt to bothered about paying up at all
plumbers want back into take bathroom apart
i want to know how much hassle is taking this to court as his outstanding balance is 2 thou

G

Gall.B

Dont want to comment on the legal side of things, but from what I understand everything in that room is yours until it is paid for in full. but to have any right you need to have the proper papaer work in place and signed. think you really need to speak to a lawyer. I personally dont have expeience in not getting paid

Know what id be doing m8 popping down with the lads for a chat.

Channel 5 are good at doing programs on cowboy builders, not chancing customers

G

Gall.B

One of the first thing I was told to do by business gateway 10 yrs ago when I set up was to put in the contract and invoice etc in the terms and conditions Is Materials products etc supplied by the company is company property until payed for in full and the company maintain the right to remove said items and bill for the removal also thats been on my paperwork for ten years now never had a problem getting paid. of course the customer has to have signed the contract and accepted the terms and conditions. According to my little sis (lawyer) this is legal. maybe something to consider for the future if not to put chancers off coming the madam

Hope you get your dosh alright m8 he sound like a right Eddie Windass!

K

kevin10387

I do agree with Dave on this matter that if you have installed bathroom pod and if he was happy at that moment then you have a good chance to draw him to court but if there has been any case regarding any statement from him on paper that if you will not complete your work on time then he will not be liable to pay you full amount what was decided on the time of deal then you may get into a problem as far as I think.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to taking bathroom back in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
New here and no knowledge of professional tiling! I had one installer do three new bathrooms. He...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB