UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Taking on help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Greedo

I'm starting to get more and more regular work from contacts I've made in kitchen, bathroom, flooring, interior design etc.....companies. The jobs are also getting bigger and bigger. I am also getting stuff from private punters I've previously done jobs for or their friends and family now want stuff done. Question i have is do any of you experienced guys employ anyone. I'm starting to think this is my next step.

Bit worried about having to be responsible for paying someone a wage and more importantly maintaining my reputation.

I would really appreciate your thoughts on this guys.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
North East
Sorry Brian, the post was just to infom everyone that they might be able to take on an apprentice to give them a hand for a year or two, the CITB are running programs at the minuite, get some donkey labour for free, You still need to work along side other tilers every now and then for extra help on big jobs. As for employing people, its a no

Last edited:
T

tjsmiler

I always pay another tiler to help me. I make sure they see the job before hand and agree to the price I'm willing to pay for them to help. This way i find there is no problems during the job if something goes wrong or takes longer than you BOTH thought, at the end of the day they have seen the job and had a good look over it, they have agreed to a price so now they can't turn around and start giving it "yeah but i diddn't know that was involved or i diddn't realise you ment this as well etc etc:

This has happened to me before and fighting in front of the customer aint a good thing!! Well it wern't for him anyway lol

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Taking on help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
At Boston Fire and Flood, we specialize in fast and reliable water damage restoration services...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.