Discuss talking buisness in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

simmy08

hey, im meeting with the boss of a large bathroom and kitchen company tomorrow.
He got my number through yell.com and called me up asking me id like to meet him as he has just opened a new showroom about 20 miles from me and is seeking a tiler.
I dont know anymore information regarding the name of his company or anything but i will tomorrow.
I have a price list typed and printed out ready to either show or tell him what i charge.
i have a day rate, hourly rate, price for extra cores in porcealin etc all worked out
im also gonna say that the prices are based on a minimum of 2 jobs per month.
ive cut my sqaure meter rate for walls and floors by £2 a meter.
Im unsure to hows its gonna go,wether he wants me to price his jobs or he is giving me set prices or what?
If he tells me im too steep then should i go lower?
Any help here with do's n dont's would be much appreciated
thanks

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
hi simmy,i would let hiim say his peice 1st and see what kind of instalsl he does exactly before handing him prices set in stone

only reason i say this is i do work for a bathroom company and at 1st it was all meterage rates but the way the rooms were working out on there installations i was getting sometimes only 5 metres with 4 built in shelves and lights etc to core out

i ended up agreeing a day rate with them on all jobs,see what you think thats just my opinion mate

G

Gall.B

Sound's like a good one to get if it all pans out every body needs some stability at the mo:thumbsup:

Same as Kilty company I do them for works better for me on a day rate and I get between 5 to 8 per month, on the downside there has been problems regarding prep, but once you grt into the swing of working with a team it sorts its self out

Whats the payment structure like, Firm I do them for pay me once a month usally some times sixty days, so might be worth doing a credit check, are they supplying addy etc, might be a chance for some mark up :hurray:

Good luck with it m8.

Reply to talking buisness in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Hello all. We have employed a tiler to do our bathroom and floor tiles. We bought the tiles...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
talking buisness
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.