Discuss Tanking a new Shower Enclosure in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davidmaddison

Afternoon all,

I am in the middle of renovating my spare bedroom and have built an ensuite in the room.
I am installing a 900 x 900 square slimline shower tray, which fits perfectly into a space surrounded by three walls and then the shower door.

I have installed 18mm ply onto the joists and this is all level. I have then installed 6mm Hardibacker on top of the ply.

My question are:

1. Does the tray have to be bedded on sand and cementis, or could I just silicone the tray to the level floor?
2. On the walls I have installed 12mm Hardibacker which will stop 6mm above the shower tray, this gap I plan to seal with silicone.
3. Can I use a BAL tanking kit on the walls of the shower before tiling? I know its not a wetroom, however I just want to go belt and braces to ensure that if there were ever any leaks, my kitchen ceiling directly below is protected.
4. Should the floor be tanked before the tray goes in? Or will the walls do?

Thanks,

Dave

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tanking a new Shower Enclosure in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have a shower tray installed and it is sitting away from the wall. I am going to...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB